Adult Peer Group
Welcome to Alliance of People with disAbilities
Last month’s meeting had good attendance with one new member. Please feel free to share peer group meeting times with people with disabilities. I have attached a flyer that can be printed or email to others. We are now on meet-up groups use the following link for more information. https://www.meetup.com/The-Alliance-of-People-with-disAbilities/
Meeting times are now changed to the last week of every month on Monday at 1pm.
Please let me know if the new meeting times conflict with you schedule.
Last Month in a snap shot:
1. NW Access Fund presentation on Financial Tools for People With Disabilities. Guest speaker Hannah Langlie.
2. Washington Access: Financial Goals for You 11/21/16
3. King County Mobility Coalition quarterly meeting 2/21/17
4. Volunteer opportunities with the King County Mobility Coalition
5. Self Advocates in Leadership (SAIL) www.sailcoalition.org/ meeting held on the 2nd Tuesday monthly.
6. Request for members’ testimonials: a photo and media releases/restrictions if you would like to share your story of working with us. Please contact Tanya for more information. (firstname.lastname@example.org 206-445-1714).
1. Meeting time change! January 23rd and February 27th.
2. Martin Luther King National Holiday and National Volunteer day January 16th office is closed.
3. Presidents Day February 20th office is closed.
4. Section 8 voucher open lottery in February-please contact alliance staff members for more information. We will send out more information soon.
5. ABLE Accounts in Washington State starting in 2017, but when? http://ablenrc.org
6. Volunteer opportunities with us please contact a staff member for more information.
7. Democracy Vouchers have been mailed to Seattle residence. Learn more at: http://www.seattle.gov/democracyvoucher
Monthly Peer Support Group:
1120 E Terrace St. Suite 100
Seattle WA 98122
Published on 01/19/2017