Adult Peer Group News letter
Welcome to Alliance of People with disAbilities
Last month’s meeting had good attendance with two new members. Please feel free to share peer group meeting times with people with disabilities. I have attached a flyer that can be printed or email to others. We are now on meet-up groups use the following link for more information. https://www.meetup.com/The-Alliance-of-People-with-disAbilities/
Meeting times are now changed to the last week of every month on Monday at 1pm.
Please let me know if the new meeting times conflict with you schedule.
Last Month in a snap shot:
1. Report on the SAIL meetings from group member.
2. Volunteer opportunities with the King County Mobility Coalition are now open
3. Request for members’ testimonials: a photo and media releases/restrictions if you would like to share your story of working with us. Please contact Tanya for more information. (email@example.com 206-445-1714).
1. Meeting time February 27th Bill Youngman from DVR.
2. Presidents Day February 20th office is closed.
3. Section 8 voucher open lottery in February-please contact alliance staff members for more information. We will send out more information soon.
4. ABLE Accounts in Washington State starting in 2017, but when? http://ablenrc.org
5. Volunteer opportunities with us please contact a staff member for more information.
6. Democracy Vouchers have been mailed to Seattle residence. Learn more at: http://www.seattle.gov/democracyvoucher
7. Learn more about the LEAP program at the Seattle Library setting up date for tour.
4. Starting classes for PWD to learn internet and software at the Seattle Library please RSVP if you are interested in attending class
5. Self-Advocates in Leadership (SAIL) www.sailcoalition.org/ meeting held on the 2nd Tuesday monthly.
Monthly Peer Support Group:
1120 E Terrace St. Suite 100
Seattle WA 98122
Published on 02/15/2017