Hosted by Disability Rights Washington & Rooted in Rights: One Week Until Our Washington State Government Candidates Forum!
In one week, we will be hosting our virtual forum with the candidates running for statewide positions in Washington State. Please make sure to register by September 21st to attend! We will email out Zoom links on September 22nd, the day before the event.
By making sure that people with disabilities are part of the conversation, we can ensure that changes made by the legislature are reflective of our needs and values.
Date: September 23, 2020
Time: 6:00 – 7:30 PM
Location: Zoom (RSVP to receive link.)
We have confirmed that the following candidates will be present:
- Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Lieutenant Governor
- Secretary of State
- State Auditor
Questions can be submitted to DRW in advance when you RSVP at the link below.
ASL interpretation and CART will be provided. Additional accommodations can be requested when filling out the RSVP form.
- Alliance of People with Disabilities
- Allies in Advocacy
- Center for Independence
- Governor’s Committee on Disability Issues & Employment
- Hearing Loss Association of America – Washington
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – Washington
- Office of Developmental Disabilities Ombuds
- Open Doors for Multicultural Families
- Peer Legislative Advocates – Washington State
- People First of Washington
- Self Advocates in Leadership
- The Arc of King County
- The Arc of Spokane
- The Arc of Washington
- The Washington Council of the Blind
- Washington State Developmental Disability Council
- Washington State Independent Living Council
Published on 09/17/2020