May 20th, 2013
Learn how to:
Connect with individuals and community partners
Make a plan
Build a Kit
2100 Building Room B
2100 24th Avenue South,
Seattle WA 98144
May 13th, 2013
Metro is is facing a 75 million dollar shortfall and will need to cut 600,00 hours of bus service in fall of 2014. There is a public hearing about this issue on May 14, 2013 at Union Station at 401 South Jackson Street in Seattle. The meeting starts at 4:00 PM Open house at 3:30 PM Make your opinion heard.
May 9th, 2013
Public Forum Announcement
The Washington State Independent Living Council (WASILC), in partnership with the Centers for Independent Living, will hold six public forums throughout the state during May and June in order to get input for development of the 3-year State plan for Independent Living. These forums help us get input and advice from the disability community, service providers and the general public about priorities for future expansion of Independent Living Services in unserved parts of Washington State, unmet IL service delivery needs for particular groups of people with disabilities, and initiatives by the WASILC and its partners that enhance independent living opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Some of these additional initiatives include: access to improved transportation, affordable housing, and employment; emergency preparedness concerns; access to information and to assistive technology; and others.
Please join us at one of these public forums:
• Ellensburg. Thursday, May 23, 6-8pm. Hal Holmes Community Center, Kittitas Room. 209 N Ruby St., Ellensburg, WA 98926.
• Spokane. Thursday, May 30, 5:30-7:30pm. Lilac SVCS for the Blind, Meeting Room. 1212 N. Howard St., Spokane, WA 99201.
• Vancouver. Wednesday, June 5, 5:30-7:30pm. Innovative Services Northwest, Community Room. 9414 NE 4th Plain Rd., Vancouver, WA 98662.
• Lakewood. Thursday, June 6, 2-4pm. Center For Independence, Meeting Room. 7801 Bridgeport Way W., Suite 200, Lakewood, WA 98499.
• Bellingham. Wednesday, June 12, 2-4pm. St. Luke’s Health Education Center, Room A. 3333 Squalicum Pkwy., Bellingham, WA 98225.
• Seattle. Thursday, June 13, 3-5pm. Northcut Landing, Conference Room B. 5001 25th Avenue NE., Seattle, WA 98105.
ASL interpreters and Real Time Captioning (CART) will be available. For other accommodation request, please contact Debbie Cook at 800-624-4105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 24th, 2013
Parents with This-Abilities
What does “This” mean?
This – are any product or resources to assist parents in the ability to raise their child.
For additional info contact:
Alliance of People with disAbilities
1120 East Terrace St. Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98122
Hope Drummond – email@example.com
Bhelle Ollero – firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on facebook
April 24th, 2013
FREE TABLET TRAINING
for youth with disAbilities
Come learn new skills using our Kindle Fire, iPad, Nook, Microsoft Surface
Monday April 29th (Seattle office) TIME: 4:00PM- 5:30 PM
1120 E. Terrace Street, Suite 100, Seattle WA 98122
Phone: 206.545.7055 | Relay 711
Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, May 10th (Bellevue Office) TIME: 4:00PM- 5:30 PM
1150 140th Ave. NE Suite 101, Bellevue, WA 98005
Phone: 425.558.0993 | Relay 711
Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org