Shelter and Housing
Here are some links to learn how Covid-19 is changing shelter and housing in Seattle.
- Read about the OVERVIEW OF NATIONAL EVICTION MORATORIUM that has been passed to protect your shelter during the pandemic.
- This NATIONAL EVICTION MORATORIUM: FAQ FOR RENTERS explains a renter’s rights and responsibilities under the national eviction memorandum. It is also available in Spanish.
- Read about The Governor’s Moratorium on Evictions to learn what is being done to safeguard your shelter during this time.
- Aging and Long-Term Support Administration’s FamHelp Webpage find out more about how long term care facilities are dealing with the crisis and how best to advocate for your loved one
- Governor Inslee has extended the Safe Start Proclamation and the eviction moratorium the October 15th, 2020. Click on the link to learn more.
- Read about the new rent eviction assistance program from The Washington State Department of Commerce. It can help you stay in your home.