It is with sadness that we must announce the passing of Lucille “Lu” Walls.
It is with sadness that we must announce the passing of Lucille “Lu” Walls. Lu was the Executive Director of the Alliance of People with disAbilities from March 2009 until her retirement in May 2014. In those five years, Lu was instrumental in advocating for the rights of individuals with disabilities. She truly lived her life in pursuit of the Alliance’s mission of people with disabilities advocating for equality and choice. Her vision increased outreach to generally underserved populations and created new programs to serve Alliance consumers. Lu will be missed by all.
A memorial service in her honor will be held Friday, April 17, 2015 at St. Benedict Church – 1805 North 49th Street, Seattle WA 98103
Funeral rite at 3:30 PM followed by a reception with heavy refreshments at 4:15 PM in the school cafeteria.
You may RSVP and please pass this information on to those who knew and worked with her.
Welcome to Alliance of People with disAbilities.
Established in 1977, Alliance of People with disAbilities is located in King County, Washington. We are two independent living centers, located in Seattle and Bellevue, Washington. At Alliance, we work to make our community more accessible, inclusive, and usable for everyone. Our programs are open to people with all types of disabilities.
Independent Living Core Services
The Alliance of People with disAbilities is the Independent Living Center for King County, Washington State. The Alliance provides a variety of services to any person in the community who has any disability, regardless of age or national origin (citizens and non-citizens, alike). Alliance services can be categorized into five areas
- Information and Referral- Our friendly, professional, and caring staff can help you locate and access resources to complete your goals.
- Independent Living Skills Training. We can help you perfect the life skills you need to live as independently as you wish.
- Peer Counseling (on an individual and group basis)
- Advocacy We can help perfect the skills you need to gain the services you need in a direct and forthright manner, and when dealing with a big company or corporation, we’ll help ensure you don’t get lost in the crowd.
- Transitioning to independent living for adults and youth with disAbilitlies living in institutions
March 10, 2015
Youth (RSVP): 3rd Tuesday 2:30-3:30 Out & About (RSVP):2nd Wednesday 2:30-4 Peer Support: 1st Monday 1-2:30pm Peer Support: 3nd Mondays […]
February 19, 2015
Seattle Housing Authority wait-list lottery March 23 Seattle Housing Authority (SHA) will open a lottery for the Housing Choice Voucher […]
December 16, 2014
If you are a youth or young adult with a disAbility, come check out the new Alliance Youth Transition Peer […]