Welcome to Alliance of People with disAbilities! Established in 1977, Alliance of People with disAbilities is located in King County, Washington. We are two independent living centers, located in Seattle and Bellevue, Washington. At Alliance, we work to make our community more accessible, inclusive, and usable for everyone. Our programs are open to people with all types of disabilities.
Independent Living Core Services
The Alliance of People with disAbilities is the Independent Living Center for King County, Washington State. The Alliance provides a variety of services to any person in the community who has any disability, regardless of age or national origin (citizens and non-citizens, alike). Alliance services can be categorized into five areas
- Information and Referral- Our friendly, professional, and caring staff can help you locate and access resources to complete your goals.
- Independent Living Skills Training. We can help you perfect the life skills you need to live as independently as you wish.
- Peer Counseling (on an individual and group basis)
- Advocacy We can help perfect the skills you need to gain the services you need in a direct and forthright manner, and when dealing with a big company or corporation, we’ll help ensure you don’t get lost in the crowd.
- Transitioning to independent living for adults and youth with disAbilitlies living in institutions
February 19, 2015
Seattle Housing Authority Section 8 waitlist lottery to open March 23 SEATTLE — February 19, 2015 — On March 23, […]
February 12, 2015
The University of Washington Disability Studies Program presents a free screening of the award-winning documentary “FIXED: The Science/Fiction of Human […]
January 28, 2015
February Meetings When 2/11/15 2:30PM-4:00PM and 2/17/2015 2:30-3:30Pm Where Alliance Seattle Office 1120 East Terrace Street, Seattle, WA.98122 Come hang […]