Latest newsMarriage Rights- Expanding Equal Access
With the news on the supreme court decision that broadening equal access to marriage rights, Audacity has written a comprehensive…
Paralympic Sports Day join today
JOIN US FOR A PARALYMPIC SPORTS DAY Seattle Adaptive Sport, along with Seattle Parks and Recreation: Specialized Programs is hosting…
Seattle Adult support groups
Meetings are starting this month on the third Monday from 1:00pm to 2:30 come and share coffee talk with us…
Alliance of People with disAbilities
Established in 1977, Alliance of People with disAbilities is located in King County, Washington. We are two independent living centers, located in Seattle and Bellevue, Washington. At Alliance, we work to make our community more accessible, inclusive, and usable for everyone. Our programs are open to people with all types of disabilities.
Independent Living Core Services
The Alliance of People with disAbilities is the Independent Living Center for King County, Washington State. The Alliance provides a variety of services to any person in the community who has any disability, regardless of age or national origin (citizens and non-citizens, alike). Alliance services can be categorized into five areas
- Information and Referral- Our friendly, professional, and caring staff can help you locate and access resources to complete your goals.
- Independent Living Skills Training. We can help you perfect the life skills you need to live as independently as you wish.
- Peer Counseling (on an individual and group basis)
- Advocacy We can help perfect the skills you need to gain the services you need in a direct and forthright manner, and when dealing with a big company or corporation, we’ll help ensure you don’t get lost in the crowd.
- Transition: A) Moving people from institutions into the community with appropriate support. B) Serving individual who are at risk for institutionalization C) Transiting youth ages 13 – 24 from education into post – secondary schooling or employment