Latest newsCelebration at Van Asselt Community Center
King County Parks and Recreation Come and Join in on the free fun event on August 27th 12 to 2…
Seattle-King County Resource Day & Job Fair 2016
Saturday, August 27th from 10am-2pm at Rainier Community Center 4600 38th Ave S. We look forward to see you at…
Help create a map to help people with limited mobility get around Seattle Sunday, Aug 7, 2016, 12:00 PM
Alliance of People with disAbilities
At the Alliance, we work hard to make our community more accessible, inclusive, and usable for everyone. Our programs are open to people with all types of disAbilities.
Independent Living Core Services
The Alliance of People with disAbilities is the Independent Living Center for King County, Washington State. The Alliance provides a variety of services to any person in the community who has any disability, regardless of age or national origin (citizens and non-citizens, alike). Alliance services can be categorized into five area.
- Information and Referral: Our friendly, professional, and caring staff can help you locate and access resources to complete your goals.
- Independent Living Skills Training: We can help you perfect the life skills you need to live as independently as you wish.
- Peer Support: Peer groups meet regularly and are a great way to gain skills and to share resources, experience, and support.
- Advocacy: Staff advocates with the community for changes in policies and practices to ensure the civil rights of people with disabilities. We can help perfect the skills you need to gain the services you need in a direct and forthright manner, and when dealing with a big company or corporation, we’ll help ensure you don’t get lost in the crowd.
- Transition: A) Moving people from institutions into the community with appropriate support. B) Serving individual who are at risk for institutionalization C) Transiting youth ages 13 – 24 from education into post – secondary schooling or employment
If you are not in King County you can find your ILC office using this link