Providing Independent Living Services
Independent Living (IL) Centers were founded on the belief that people with disabilities belong in the community, not in institutions. The first IL Center was organized during the 1960s in Berkeley, California. Now there are over 500 IL Centers across the United States.
Independent Living is categorized as the area of life pertaining to housing, utilities, transportation, communication, recreation, and access to health and social services. The Alliance may assist any participant with a disability in obtaining and/or maintaining these core aspects of life.
- Employment options
- Accessible housing options
- Benefits Planning
- King county resources for those with disAbilities
- Emergency Preparedness
- Utilities costs and assistance programs
- Fixed route bus service
- Access service in West King County
- Bus Service in Eastern King County
- Transportation new ruling on transportation rules